Tips For Selecting Business Accounts Software For A Rail BusinessFebruary 11, 2017
Singapore Corporate Gifts: Selecting Corporate Gifts for Railway ClientsFebruary 11, 2017
A virtual office is a business that exists over a computer network. This setup allows the business owners and members of staff to operate the business from anywhere using the internet and technological gadgets such as personal computers and mobile phones.
In order for flexibility in the operation of a virtual office, the use of a software is unarguable. There are varieties of software packages to put into consideration based on the particular field of business. Below are categories of some software packages that will add some flexibility to your workflow:
- E-mail –ISP provided email services, so also the use of Microsoft Outlook Express or Eudora. The most basic difference is that when using the e-mail program provided by your ISP if you need to migrate to another ISP, you will have to change programs.
- Word Processing – Employ the use of Word Perfect, Microsoft Word, Lotus or Word Pro. The above vary with operating systems.
- Spreadsheet and Database – Programs to be employed include Microsoft Excel, Lotus 1-2-3 or Sheetster.
- Presentation – Programs to be employed include Microsoft PowerPoint, Prezi, Slideshark or Haiku Deck.
- Virus Protection – Programs to be employed include Norton Antivirus or AVG Antivirus.
- Utility Program for Computer Maintenance – This is designed to help analyze, optimize or maintain a computer. Programs include McAfee or Symantec Norton Utilities.
- Readers – This are used to view, create, and manipulate files in portable document format (PDF). Programs to be employed could be Foxit Reader or Adobe reader.
- Graphics/Image editing tool – Programs to be employed can be either Adobe Photoshop, Adobe illustrator or Microsoft Paint.
- Internet Browser – Programs to be employed can be either Microsoft internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
There are business packages that exist in “suites”. They provide all or some product categories listed above, some of the popular packages are:
- Microsoft Office
There are less expensive versions of some software that may be applicable to small businesses. They are referred to as light versions. They are available for use in your virtual office in both Windows and Macintosh Operating systems.